Kano:Boko Haram launches fresh attack



city of Kano  once again came under   this morning as Boko Haram militants launched another attack.Reports this morning said sect  attacked some quarters situated along BUK road.

Sahara Reporters which broke news of today’s fighting said some residents had earlier claimed that Kano home of inspector General of Police, Mohammed Dikko Abubakar was attacked by the group killing some six guards at the entrance. However the police commissioner told the online news site that the IG home was “not attacked”.He added  that team was on scene assessing current attacks after which would  make a public statement.

Newsdiaryonline however reported two days ago that the militant sect has vowed to intensify attacks on high profile targets.They also debunked claims that they are talking to government.A man who claims to be Abu Qaqa ,the spokesman to Boo Haram said on Tuesday ”we have never had any dialogue with government and we not do that soon until  all our  arrested members are released ,then we can bring out five of our representatives  to the government for discussion.This is our position”

But  the  State Security Service, SSS insists the real  Abu Qaqa is the man they have arrested and he has been under interrogation.Qaqa accordng to the SSS was arrested in Kaduna .This string of arrests –Qaqa, Kabiru sokoto(who was recently rearrested after escape police custody) and several other foot soldiers -seem to have gotten the sect furious, and they setting off  bombs and attacking targets in Kaduna, Suleja  ,Maiduguri and Kano .Kano was under attack yesterday.

No tags for this post.