The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Gombe State has concluded its primary elections with the emergence of 34 candidates for State and National Assembly seats, ahead of the 2023 general elections.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the primary elections which began on Sunday across the state, ended on Wednesday with the gubernatorial primary election.
The 34 seats comprise 24 state assembly seats, six House of Representatives seats, three senatorial seats and one gubernatorial seat.
NAN reports also that of the 34 seats in contention, only three females emerged as candidates representing 8.82 per cent of the total seats contested and won by candidates.
Of the three female candidates, two would contest the 2023 election to the state’s House of assembly, while the remaining candidate would contest election into the House of Representatives.
The female candidates are Meriji Majoro for Balanga South state constituency and Saratu Jauro for Balanga North, while Aishatu Ahmad won the primary election for Akko Federal Constituency.
Below is the full list of the candidates as released by the party on Thursday.
For seats in the House of Assembly
1) Abdullahi Gaddafi – Akko Central
2) Umar Kalajanga – Akko North
3) Alh. Adamu Kashere – Akko West
1) Meriji Majoro – Balanga South
2) Saratu Jauro – Balanga North
1) Yakubu Ladollis – Billiri East
2) Nimrod Yari – Billiri West.
1) Zakariyya Sa’idu – Dukku South
2) Abdulrahman Zaune – Dukku North
1) Mohammed Buba – Funakaye North
2) Abubakar Adamu -Funakaye South
1) Ahmed Abubakar- Gombe North
2) Ismail Usmandodo – Gombe South
1) Gabriel Galadima – Kaltungo West
2) Hassan Reuben – Kaltungo East
1) Adamu Rilwanu – Kwami West
2) Ahmad Abubakar – Kwami East
1) Haji Baba – Nafada North
2) Ibrahim Musa – Nafada South
1) Zubairu Ayala – Shongom
2) Markus Samuel – Pero Chonge
YAMALTU DEBA LGA
1) Salisu Lano – Deba
2) Kabiru Wade – Yamaltu East
3) Samaila Garba – Yamaltu West
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES:
- Gombe/Kwami/Funakaye –Yaya-Bauchi Tongo
- Akko – Aishatu Ahmad
- Yamaltu Deba – Inuwa Garba
- Billiri/Balanga – Ali Isa
- Kaltungo/Shongom – Obed Shehu
- Gombe North – Dr Ibrahim Dankwambo
- Gombe South – Anthony Siyako
- Gombe Central – Abubakar Aliyu
Alhaji Jibrin Barde
The party’s presidential primary election is expected to hold on May 28 and May 29 in Abuja. (NAN)