New Spokesman of Boko Haram Says Military Lied About Killing 52 Members



Maiduguri weapons 2By Olayemisi Abdul 

Abu Zinnira, new  spokesman of Boko Haram said  in a statement Monday  that Nigerian military authority lied to world about alleged killing of 52 of their members on Friday.

Zinnira, had also picked  holes in  last week’s claims of JTF spokesman, Lt Col Sagir Musa who said 20 Boko Haram members died when sect attacked a barracks  in Monguno village of Borno state.

He said it was his sect that killed scores of soldiers and bombed four armoured tanks during a shoot out in Maiduguri on Friday shortly after President Goodluck Jonathan departed the city.

The new spokesman spoke via a text statement written in Hausa and sent to journalists in Maiduguri.

‘This message is the Jama’atu Ahlis Sunnah Lidda’awati Wal Jihad in of the purported killing of our members during a raid by the Joint Task Force (JTF) in Jajeri area of Maiduguri, last Friday.

‘The truth of the matter is that we are the ones that triumphed during the encounter because we killed many soldiers and destroyed four armoured personnel carriers (APCs).

‘What is obvious is that the JTF had only succeeded in killing civilians, not our members as they claimed.

‘The JTF had the same claim in of the attack we launched on their barracks in Monguno on Sunday, 3 March, 2013. They alleged to have killed 20 of our members and destroyed four of our vehicles. This claim is far the truth.

‘The truth is that we only lost three of our members but have succeeded in attacking and destroying their barracks including two APCs. We also carted away arms and ammunitions.

‘Seeing is believing, we challenge Nigerians to go to Monguno and see things for themselves but as far as we are concerned, the attack in Monguno favoured our .

Spokesman of the JTF in Borno  Lt Col Sagir Musa, said 20 Boko Haram men were killed by soldiers during an attack on a barrack in remote village of Monguno in the early hours of Sunday 3 March, 2013.

Newsdiaryonline had on Saturday reported Lt Col Musa’s statement in which he said  the JTF troops killed 52 Boko Haram members during an operation that climaxed on Friday night.

 

No tags for this post.