Immigration Tragedy:Moro’s Family Disowns Major Agbo’s Statement,Blames Fifth Columnists



abba_moroThe Family of Interior Minister,Abba Moro has issued a disclaimer on the statement and the man who authored another statement earlier in its name..The latest statement titled “Disclaimer: Immigration Tragedy-Press Statement And Position Of Abba Moro Family” by Chief Joseph Moro ,head of the family said “For the avoidance of doubt, the Major Agbo is not a member of the Moro neither is he known to the family.

“Whereas we relish the nobility of apology to those victims, we wish to totally disassociate the family of the Minister of Interior, Comrade Abba Moro, from that statement. Whoever this ‘Major Agbo’ is, he is an imposter and out to cause mischief.

The head of the family said “ the motives of those who wrote the purported apology from the ‘family’ may not be so clear right now, what is clear is that the opposition has been using that tragic occurrence to mount a campaign of calumny against the Minister.

“The Federal Government and the Presidency have made a statement on this matter. Aside from expressing the deep felt sympathies of the Federal Government to the families of the deceased, the Federal Government also announced several measures including goodwill gestures for the bereaved.

“The Ministry of Interior itself is doing its own investigations to get to the root cause of the tragic incident. From all indications, this is another infamy by the political opposition.

The Moro Family added “Sadly, no one seems to be asking the hard question—why did the deadly stampedes only happen in states controlled by the opposition, All Progressives Congress, APC, aside from Abuja the federal capital?

Joseph Moro alleged that “In Lagos state, controlled by the APC, over 120,000 so called applicants turned up at the recruitment venue, even though the NIS had only 67,434 applicants on its official list. The story was the same in APC states of Edo and Rivers states where deadly stampedes also occurred.

“In Lagos, the so called applicants smashed the windscreen and side- mirrors of the NIS vehicle that brought the test papers and eventually removed and scattered all the submitted
test papers on the ground before leaving the venue. This shows clearly that those people were not genuine applicants but political thugs on a sabotage mission.

“Suffice it to say that, the various security agencies are also doing their investigations and in due course, they will avail the public with their findings.

The statement said “The so called apology which was concocted by opponents of Abba Moro is another ploy in the bag of tricks by the purveyors of confusion in our midst. That Comrade Abba Moro and his family are traumatized by the events of Saturday, 15th March, 2014 is not in doubt.

“The Honourable Minister, Comrade Abba Moro has since the incident apologized to the families of the victims and Nigeria. Investigations are on-going into the tragic events of
Saturday, 15th March 2014. Comrade Moro has all this while maintained that this is not the time to engage in the blame game of who did or did not do what. What is required now is efforts to mitigate the consequences of the events of Saturday, 15th March, 2014. Comrade Abba Moro has also called for the understanding of Nigerians on this issue.

“ Let’s state here once more, that “Major Agbo” is neither a member of the Moro Agbam family nor does he have the mandate to speak for the family. Members of the public are therefore, advised to disregard the claims of “Major Agbo” as it is the handiwork of fifth columnists out to whip up sentiments against Comrade Abba Moro.

No tags for this post.