Hijab: 10 Kwara schools resume April 12 



Kwara Government has announced that the 10 schools involved in a recent hijab controversy in the would resume their third term academic session on Monday, April 12.

A statement from Kemi Adeosun, Secretary, Ministry of Education and Human Capital Development on Sunday, said the decision was to bring students in the schools to meet up for the period when their schools were shut.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) recalls that the 10 grant-aided missionary schools involved in the controversy were shut down government on Feb. 19 for safety reasons.

is to inform parents/guardians and teachers that the 2020/2021 Third Term Academic Session for the 10 schools in the recent hijab debate starts on Monday, April 12.

is part of the government’s efforts to bring the students in these schools up to speed in whatever they have missed when their schools were shut.

is especially necessary for students preparing for external examinations.

”The resumption for other schools not brief closure of schools is Monday 26th, 2021, as had earlier been communicated,” Adeosun said.

According to the secretary, all the teachers and staff of the schools should resume duty and commence classes immediately.

She, however, noted that the and Inspection team of the Ministry of Education and Human Capital Development would be going round to ascertain compliance.

NAN reports that the schools are C&S College Sabo-Oke, St. Anthony’s Secondary school, Offa Road, ECWA School, Oja Iya, Surulere Baptist Secondary School and Bishop Smith Secondary School, Agba Dam.

Others are CAC Secondary School Asa Dam road, St. Barnabas Secondary School Sabo-Oke, St. John School Maraba, St. Williams Secondary School Taiwo Isale, and St. James Secondary School Maraba. (NAN)