At least 23 persons were feared killed in the bomb explosion that rocked the busy Gombe Line Motor Park Friday morning.
Our correspondent learnt that some 18-seater buses belonging to some State Government Transport Companies went up in flames and killed over 23 persons including, the passengers, driver, motor union transport workers and thugs who came to make a living.
Bello Sule an Eye-witness said he saw the casualties being rushed to different hospitals within the State capital while over twelve 18-seater buses belonging to various State Government Transport Companies were completely destroyed.
Gombe State Police Commissioner, Abdullahi Kudu Nma however told reporters at the scene of the incident that nine people were confirmed dead and that the explosion occurred around 10:00 am.
According to him , three people were arrested while trying to run away from the scene after they parked their bus with Yobe plate number and brought out luggage which exploded some few minutes after.
The CP said, “for now, three suspects have been apprehended and we are reasonably suspecting they are the people who brought in the Improvised Explosive Device (IED). Either the vehicle is parked laden, we cannot determine now until our EOD make their investigation to determine that very particular vehicle mentioned that is already parked with IED or they came in the way they did in Azare last week.”