Mystery Fire Guts Obasanjo’s Abeokuta Hilltop Mansion

Share the news


(Updated) Reports this evening said some inexplicable fire has hit the Abeokuta Hilltop residence of  fomer President Olusegun Obasanjo.The first indication of the fire outbreak came from BB messages  and other social networks.

Though no official confirmation could be obtained ,  sources  in Abeokuta  told that there was indeed a fire outbreak in OBJ’s hilltop residence.The fire started from his office within the premises ,it was learnt.Local media reports said the fire  may have been caused by power surge  and that the library section may have been affected too.

Also,one of the neighbours of the former president told Newsdiaryonline .com that he sighted Ogun State Fire Service Truck packed within  the premises .Pictures have emerged of the house being on fire.But the exact cause could not be immediately determined.

‘As a neighbour  I  can only see a fire truck,no smoke,no panic ’,Newsdiaryonline was told by an Abeokuta based  source ,who said it might just be domestic fire which may have been contained swiftly.

No one could confirm whether the bedroom or the Pent House was affected as some have variously claimed.What is certain is that the fire was restricted to a section of the sprawling mansion.”There is no doubt a section of the main   house was burnt but it was quickly contained to avoid its spread  to other sections “a resident of Abeokuta said.The source  also said fire service men have remained there up till  late Thursday evening  to fight any likely resurgence of fire within the premises.

An explosion caused by fireworks led to the death of one person in Lagos yesterday,NEMA said.Also NEMA added today that it averted another Tanker Fire incident in Rivers State  last night.


Share the news
No tags for this post.