PDP finally approves zoning of party offices
The 59th meeting of Peoples Democratic Party, PDP’s NEC today approved the zoning of the party’s national offices ahead of its forthcoming national convention.A statement by Professor Rufai Ahmed Akali said, “As a prelude to the smooth conduct of the forthcoming National Convention and in line with the provisions of the PDP Constitution, NEC approved the zoning of offices for the National Working Committee as follows:- North East Zone National Chairman; South South Zone,Deputy National Chairman , National Financial Secretary;South West Zone;National Secretary, National Auditor; South East Zone,National Publicity Secretary,Deputy National Secretary, National Woman Leader; North West Zone, National Organizing Secretary, National Treasurer;North Central Zone National Legal Adviser and National Youth Leader
Rufai added that “NEC also received a proposal for the ammendment of the PDP Constitution. NEC commended the Constitution Review Committee for a job well done and referred the report to a Special Committee comprising of the President, Vice President, Six State Governors, Six Members of the National Assembly, Three Former Chairmen of the Party, Former Chairmen of the Board of Trustees and Six Members of the National Working Committee. The Committee shall examine the Constitutional Amendment proposal and present a roadmap for the way forward.
The official return of zoning is a interesting development because the party denied under controversial circumstances the principle of zoning of presidency in the prelude to the last general elections .Though the north felt it was its turn to produce a candidate for the office of the president, Goodluck Jonathan who was acting president on the heels of Umaru Yar’Adua’s death muscled his way through as the party machinery denied the existence of zoning.Former President Olusegun Obasanjo ,chairman PDP Board of Trustees who led the campaign against zoning later did an about-face admitting zoning after Jonathan had emerged as PDP candidate.
Read the resolutions below:
RESOLUTIONS OF THE 59TH MEETING OF THE NATIONAL EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE OF THE PEOPLES DEMOCRATIC PARTY (PDP) HELD ON WEDNESDAY 29TH FEBRUARY 2012.
Gentlemen of the Press,
The 59th meeting of the National Executive Committee (NEC) of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) held today, here at the National Secretariat of our great Party.
2. The meeting which was a validectory session for the current National Executive Committee had the President, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, GCFR, the Vice President, Arc. Mohammed Namadi Sambo, GCON, Senate President, Sen. David Mark, GCON, Speaker of the House of Representatives, Rt. Hon. Aminu Waziri Tambuwal, CFR, other leaders of the National Assembly, State Governors, members of the Board of Trustees and other members of NEC in attendance.
3. NEC passed a special resolution commending the National Working Committee for successfully piloting the affairs of the Party even in turbulent times within the last four years. NEC specifically congratulated the National Working Committee for showing great statesmanship and leadership at critical times of our nation’s history.
4. As a prelude to the smooth conduct of the forthcoming National Convention and in line with the provisions of the PDP Constitution, NEC approved the zoning of offices for the National Working Committee as follows:-
a. North East Zone
b. South South Zone
i. Deputy National Chairman
ii. National Financial Secretary
c. South West Zone
i. National Secretary
ii. National Auditor
d. South East Zone
i. National Publicity Secretary
ii. Deputy National Secretary
iii. National Woman Leader
e. North West Zone
i. National Organizing Secretary
ii. National Treasurer
f. North Central Zone
i. National Legal Adviser
ii. National Youth Leader
5. NEC also received a proposal for the ammendment of the PDP Constitution. NEC commended the Constitution Review Committee for a job well done and referred the report to a Special Committee comprising of the President, Vice President, Six State Governors, Six Members of the National Assembly, Three Former Chairmen of the Party, Former Chairmen of the Board of Trustees and Six Members of the National Working Committee. The Committee shall examine the Constitutional Amendment proposal and present a roadmap for the way forward.
6. Finally, NEC thanked all Party members for the support they have enjoyed in the last four years and urged them to extend the same level of support for the incoming National Working Committee (NWC).
Prof. Rufai Ahmed Alkali
National Publicity Secretary
Tags: biggest hands in the world, creative meaning, droves meaning, fifa ballon d or, fifa headquarters, fifa ranking, fifa rankings, fifa u-17 world cup, fifa u20, fifa u20 world cup, front page africa, frontpage africa, how many people use the internet, how many people use twitter, msrp meaning, nasir meaning, nigeria news online, nigeria news online today, nigeria news papers online, nigeria newspaper online, nigeria newspapers online, nigeria punch, nigerian newspaper online, nigerian newspapers online, nigerian newspapers online today, nigerian online newspapers, nigerian people, nigerian punch, oic meaning, president of africa, president of south africa, Punch Newspaper, punch newspaper nigeria, punch ng, punch nigeria, punch nigeria newspaper, ranking fifa, south africa world cup, south africa xenophobia, the punch newspaper, the punch newspaper nigeria, the richest people in the world, top 100 richest people, top 20 richest people in the world, top 50 richest people in the world, top richest people in the world, tsa meaning, what does acquitted mean, what does kenneth mean, what does mercenary mean, what time is it in nigeria africa, whos the richest person in the world, xenophobia in south africa, xenophobia south africa